Sunday, July 17, 2011

842 left to go!

A song's worth of time on the rowing machine, and then 40 minutes on the stationary bicycle. I wrote down my time for the mile so I can have something to work against.

My sweat smelled like ammonia. Consistently, sources on the Internet reference a high protein diet may result in ammonia smelling sweat. Something to think about. Looking forward to my next run.

Brian Roberts, Baltimore Orioles 2nd baseman was born with atrial septal defect, and had open heart surgery when he was five;
Lauren Cheney, US Women's Soccer team player was born with atrial septal defect, and had open heart surgery when she was 3;
Shaun White, Gold Medal Olympian in snowboarding was born with Tetralogy of Fallot, which is what I had, and he had 2 open heart surgeries when he was 1. I had one open heart surgery at 5 years old, and one at 6 years old. The list of people to inspire me just keeps getting longer and longer.
I remember there is a woman who completed a triathlon about 8 months (?) after open heart surgery. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment